The LearningStudio Entry ("LS Entry" or "Deeplinking") APIs are the most current version of the inbound SSO features in LearningStudio. You can use these APIs to link directly to a course or to a section within a course (either content or tools like the Gradebook).
Here is how this approach works:
- You must authenticate the user within your system before making any calls to the API.
- Make a RESTful call to the appropriate entry point, such as for a course or a course item.
- On success, the service returns a short-lived URL for the resource.
- Use an HTTP 302 redirect to point the user's browser to the resource URL.
- The browser loads the URL for the course or course item. The user is then signed into LearningStudio and shown the course requested.
Important: The resource URL is short lived and expires within 5 minutes. You should use the resource URL as soon as you receive it.
Making RESTful API Calls
The initial RESTful API call works the same way as the LearningStudio Course APIs, including authentication. If you are using the Code Libraries, you can use the Core library to make the request in step 2.
Fees & Limitations
There are no fees associated with using the LS Entry APIs.
Note that the LS Entry APIs cannot launch the Personal Student Home. To launch your users there, you'll need to use the legacy inbound SSO API.
Beta Version of LS Entry
There is currently a beta version of the LS Entry APIs, which include additional entry points and a more up to date interface. These APIs do not currently support overloads (call numbers and login IDs), but if you do not require overloads for your APIs you can use the beta version freely. The beta version should be augmented with overloads and other features soon.