Who are we?
Who are we?Pearson’s Plug & Play Platform unlocks Pearson’s rich content bank – which ranges from DK’s vivid images of nature, travel and science to textbooks from Pearson Education – by making certain content available to internal and external developers. In turn developers can blend valuable Pearson content with other material and data to build entirely new, innovative products.
The Plug & Play initiative includes the portal you are currently exploring, Pearson’s API Developers Community. Within the community, full information is available including API specifications, descriptions, availability, and pricing.
What’s available today?
The first set of material to be introduced includes:
• DK’s Eyewitness London Travel Guide of the best hotels, restaurants, bars and shops in London, plus insider tips on everything from where to find the best markets and traditional pubs to great attractions for children.
• FT Press’ titles on business, management, marketing and science from award winning authors who deliver timely and authoritative content.
• The Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English, a rich multimedia dictionary containing over 230,000 words, phrases and meanings plus examples and pronunciations as MP3 and pictures.
More background and links to further information are included below, see Who is behind the APIs?
What’s coming soon?
We want to hear from you. Send us a message. Indicate what content you would like to see from Pearson business units made available and why. This insight will help us determine the next data sets.
Why explore the APIs?
We know there are lots of APIs out there. Here are a few reasons to develop using Pearson’s APIs.
• Pearson's datasets can be used for free
• Work with unique content from one of the first publishers of its size & scale to provide open access via APIs to content
• Communicate directly with Pearson about our content and APIs via feedback and forums
• They’re RESTful APIs which means they’re built for the web, offer browser cacheability, and improved performance
• High quality curated content from people who truly know their stuff. Plus curated content fits really well with crowd sourced material.
Who is behind the APIs?
Established in 1974, Dorling Kindersley (DK) publishes bestselling, award-winning and visually stunning reference books for adults and children and is fast becoming an internationally regarded content creator and provider across a wide range of media. DK is owned by media group Pearson PLC and is part of the Penguin Group.
FT Press, an imprint of Pearson, publishes high-quality books in the areas of Business, Finance and Investing, Science, Sales and Marketing, Social Media, Leadership, Management Strategy and Human Resources. Our brand is built on the concept of signing and publishing the world's best minds on the most relevant topics. FT Press Delivers, the newest imprint from FT Press, offers need-to-know insights via original and condensed e-content.
Pearson Longman English Language Learning
Pearson Longman, a division of Pearson Education, is the leading publisher of language programs for middle school students, high school students, and adult learners in English as a Second Language, In addition to its multilevel English courses, skills texts, test prep books, and videos, Pearson Longman publishes more than 30 separate dictionaries for customers in over 150 countries. Longman Multimedia Programs provides interactive resources for teachers and learners of English