- JDK 1.8
- A Java IDE such as Eclipse Kepler(4.3.2) with Java 8 support - for Java EE Developers
- Maven - Standalone or IDE Plug-in. For ex: Maven Plug-in for Eclipse - m2e
- (Optional) Eclipse Jetty Plug-in / Standalone Jetty 6 Server or later / Standalone Tomcat 7 Server or later
Setup the Java SDK and Webapp
- Download the icodeon-java-sdk (download) and icodeon-java-webapp (download) projects
- Import the projects into Eclipse as Maven project (icodeon-java-sdk\pom.xml & icodeon-java-webapp\pom.xml)
- Build the projects using Maven clean & Maven install in Eclipse. Standalone Maven can be used to build the projects outside Eclipse
Run the Java Webapp
- The Java Webapp comes with a Maven Tomcat 7 Plug-in. Webapp can be launched by creating a "Maven Run Configuration" in Eclipse with the goal "tomcat7:run"
- If you are running Maven outside Eclipse, use "mvn tomcat7:run"
- Once the server starts, refer the Eclipse console to get the URL of the application. The URL by default will be: http://localhost:8080/icodeon-java-webapp. Launch this in a browser
Detailed Setup Documentation
Download step by step Java SDK and Webapp setup documentation