Brilliant books, from Pearson, are outcome-focused and straight to the point. We have 38 titles covering many topics to give you the essential information you need – whether it’s to develop your business and management skills, pursue the careers you love, or live the life you really want to live. Choose from 38 titles covering business, finance, careers and personal development to create an exciting new app.
Key features include
Search by article, author, book, and section.
Accessing the Sandbox
Step 1: Click Register at the top right of developer.pearson.com
Step 2: Enter your contact details and activate your account using the link that is sent to you by email.
Step 3: Once signed in, you'll be able to explore the APIs using your Sandbox Key. To unlock the full content within the API, register for a Production Key.
Registering for an API Key
Step 1: When signed into your account, click My Apps in the top navigation.
Step 2: Under Your Applications, click Setup Application.
Step 3: Enter your application details and check off the APIs you’d like to gain full access to. For access to be granted, you must agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Step 4: Your request will be confirmed via email.
|FREE 0 - 5,000 Calls per month Get Started||
By applying to use any Pearson Education Limited Brilliant Series API made available to you through the Pearson "Plug & Play" Platform (a "PE API"), you are regarded as having accepted the following terms and conditions (the "PE Terms"), so please read and abide by them.
1. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The PE API and all logos, designs, text, graphics, artwork, audio and video and other material provided via any PE API ("PE Content") are the property of Pearson Education Limited ("PE") or its suppliers and are protected by international copyright laws.
'Pearson', 'Always Learning', 'Brilliant' and our other logos are registered or unregistered trade marks of PE or its licensors.
2. USE OF THE PE API AND PE CONTENT
2.1 You acknowledge that PE may accept or refuse any application to us the PE API as PE may determine in its sole discretion. Further, you acknowledge that PE may withdraw your access to any PE API for any reason and at any time in its sole discretion.
2.2. Subject to PE's acceptance of your application to use the PE API, PE hereby grants you a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, revocable license to download, copy, reproduce, republish, post, transmit, store, or distribute the PE API and the PE Content provided via the PE API in any way subject alwayas to the following restrictions and the terms of clause 3 below:
- Your use of the PE API and PE Content is restricted to the parts thereof that were specified by you in your application to use the PE API and that were specifically approved by PE when it accepted your application.
- Each product or application produced by you that features any PE Content or uses the PE API shall feature the legend "Content provided from the Brilliant Series, from Pearson Education" and you shall display the credit "Content provided from the Brilliant Series, from Pearson Education" in the splash screen, home screen and credit section or terms and conditions (as appropriate) of that applicable product or application. The word 'brilliant' in the splash screen shall be displayed in lower case, in the font Helvetica Condensed. The credit "Content provided from the Brilliant Series, from Pearson Education" must not be used in conjunction with any content other than the PE Content.
- You shall not modify PE Content in any way (safe for reformatting, resizing or, in respect of images only, cropping).
- You shall not reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of the PE API, PE Content or any part thereof, unless this is expressly permitted or required by appicable law.
- You shall not use the PE API or any PE Content in any product, service or application that you have developed for or on behalf of any competitor of PE including, for example only and without limitation, any other publisher.
- Any product, service or application that incorporates the PE API or PE Content may only be made available to end users for their personal use.
- The PE Content and PE API are provided to you only for use in the English language and you shall not translate or procure or publish any translation of any part of the same into any other language.
- You shall not use the PE API or any PE Content in any product that is predominantly a digital book or reading application.
3. CALLS TO PE API AND CHARGES
3.1 Your product may not make more than 5,000 free calls per month through the Pearson Plug & Play scheme. If you would like to make more use of the PE Content you may upgrade by clicking on your application in My Apps and choosing the Upgrade option or by contacting PE at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you upgrade, you will be asked to estimate the number of calls that your application will make to the PE API per month. Any applicable charges will be paid monthly in advance.
3.2 The number of calls that you may make to the PE API is limited to the number of calls set out in the application made by you and accepted by PE. Upon your reaching this threshold, your feed from the PE API will be blocked. If you would like make further use of the PE API or PE Content, please contact email@example.com for a bespoke licence package.
3.3 In respect of any websites into which you incorporate the PE API, calls to the PE API may be stored in the cache for a maximum of one day after which time they must be deleted.
3.4 In respect of any other digital products or applications into which you incorporate the PE API, calls to the PE API may be stored for seven days after which time they ust be deleted.
4. LIABILITY DISCLAIMER
PE APIs and PE Content are provided by PE in good faith but PE does not make any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, in relation to all or any part of the PE API and PE Content and all warranties and representations are hereby exclued to the extent permitted by law.
There is no guarantee that the PE API or PE Content will be free of infection by viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
To the extent permitted by law, PE hereby disclaims all liability (howsoever arising) in connection with any loss and/or damage, arising out of or in connectino with any use of, or inability to use, all or any part of the PE Content or the PE API, or any action taken (or refrained from being taken) as a result by using any of these.
5. CHANGES TO CONTENT
You acknoowledge that the PE API and all PE Content are subject to change. Penguin hereby reserves the right to change any PE Content at any time, in its sole discretion and without notice.
6. INCORPORATION OF PEARSON PLUG & PLAY TERMS
The Pearson Plug & Play terms and conditions (the "P&P Terms") also apply to your use of the PE API and PE Content and the P&P Terms are hereby incorporated into these PE Terms. To read the P&P Terms, please click here.
7. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
PE reserves the right to add to or change these PE Terms and agrees to ensure that a note of the date and clause number of any such amendments will be included as part of the PE Terms. Any changes will be posted to this page and it is your responsibility as a user to ensure that you are aware of any such changes from time to time. Changes will become effective 24 hours after first posting and you will be deemed to have accepted any change if you continue to access the PE API after that time.
If any of these PE Terms is held by a court of law in any territory to be invalid, illegal or otherwise unenforceable, then, to the extent that it is held to be so, and with regard to the relevant territory only, that provision shall be severed and deleted form these PE Terms, provided that the remaining provisions of these PE Terms shall remain binding and enforceable and the severed provision shall also remain so in all other territories.
9. GOVERNING LAW
These Terms shall be goverend by, and contrued in accordance with, English law, and any disputes that may arise or in relation to these Terms shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England.
If you have any questions or feedback about these PE Terms or the PE API or PE Content, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.