The new Food & Drink API has been introduced to provide a simplified and consistent API to access content from multiple DK and Pearson Education cook books, while enhancing the ability to find and use data from within the recipe content.
While the existing titles On Cooking, On Baking and Food for Fifty are still available, more titles are being added for use in your app. The first addition to the new Food & Drink API is the Cook Express from Dorling Kindersley bringing the total of available recipes to over 4,000.
With more than 700 recipes to choose from, the Cook Express brings you dinners you can cook in under 30 minutes – from preparation to serving. The recipes are packed with time-saving techniques, cheats and clever ideas as well as mouth-watering images of every finished dish.
Accessing the Sandbox
Step 1: Click Register at the top right of developer.pearson.com
Step 2: Enter your contact details and activate your account using the link that is sent to you by email.
Step 3: Once signed in, you'll be able to explore the APIs using your Sandbox Key. To unlock the full content within the API, register for a Production Key.
Registering for an API Key
Step 1: When signed into your account, click My Apps in the top navigation.
Step 2: Under Your Applications, click Setup Application.
Step 3: Enter your application details and check off the APIs you’d like to gain full access to. For access to be granted, you must agree to the Terms and Conditions.
Step 4: Your request will be confirmed via email.
|FREE 0 - 5,000 Calls per month Get Started||
By applying to register to use any Dorling Kindersley Limited or Pearson Education Limited API made available to you through the Pearson “Plug & Play” Platform (a “DK API” and "PE API"), you are regarded as having accepted the following terms and conditions ("the DK Terms" and "the PE Terms"), so please read and abide by them.
1. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The DK API and all logos, designs, text, graphics, artwork, audio and video and other material provided via any DK API (“DK Content”) are the property of Dorling Kindersley Limited (“DK”) or its suppliers and are protected by international copyright laws.
'Dorling Kindersley', 'DK', 'Eyewitness' and the DK logo are registered or unregistered trade marks of DK.
The PE API and all logos, designs, text, graphics, artwork, audio and video and other material provided via any PE API ("PE Content") are the property of Pearson Education Limited and ("PE") or its suppliers and are protected by international copyright laws.
2. USE OF THE DK API AND DK CONTENT AND PE API AND PE CONTENT
2.1 You acknowledge that DK or PE may accept or refuse any application to use the DK API or PE API as DK or PE may determine in its sole discretion. Further, you acknowledge that DK or PE withdraw your access to any DK API or PE API for any reason and at any time in its sole discretion.
2.2 Subject to DK’s or PE's acceptance of your application to use a DK API or PE API, DK and PE hereby grant to you a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, revocable licence to download, copy, reproduce, republish, post, transmit, store, or distribute that DK API or PE API and the DK Content or PE Content provided via that DK API or PE API in any way subject always to the following restrictions and the terms of clause 3 below:
• Your use of the DK API and DK Content is restricted to the parts thereof that were specified by you in your application to use the DK API and PE API and that were specifically approved by DK or PE when it accepted your application.
• Each product or application produced by you that features any DK Content or PE Content or uses the DK API or PE API shall feature the legend “Content provided by DK” and you shall display the credit “Content provided by DK” in the splash screen, home screen and credit section or terms and conditions (as appropriate) for that applicable product or application. The credit “Powered by DK” must not be used in conjunction with any content other than DK Content.
• Each product or application produced by you that features any PE Content or uses the PE API shall feature the legend “Powered by Pearson Kitchen Manager” on every screen.
• You shall not modify DK Content and PE Content in any way (save for cropping, resizing and formatting);
• You shall not reverse engineer, decompile or otherwise attempt to extract the source code of any DK API, DK Content , PE API, PE Content, or any part thereof, unless this is expressly permitted or required by applicable law.
• You shall not use any DK Content, DK API, PE Content or PE API in any product, service or application that you have developed for or on behalf of any competitor of DK or PE including, for example only and without limitation, any other publisher of general reference products;
• Any product, service or application that incorporates the DK API, DK Content, PE API or PE Content must only be made available to end users for their personal use only.
• The DK Content, DK APIs. PE Content and PE APIs are provided to you only for use in the English language and you shall not translate or procure or publish any translation of any part of the same into any other language.
3. CALLS TO DK API AND CHARGES
3.1 Your product may not make more than 5,000 free calls per month through the Pearson Plug & Play scheme. If you would like to make more use of the DK content or PE Content, you may upgrade by clicking on your application in My Apps and choosing the Upgrade option or by contacting DK and PE at email@example.com. When you upgrade, you will be asked to estimate the number of calls that your application will make to the DK API and PE API per month. Any applicable charges shall be paid monthly in advance.
3.2 In the event that the actual number of calls made by your application to the DK API or PE API exceeds the number of calls that you requested in your application, DK and PE reserve the right in their sole discretion to:
a) limit your call rate to the band that you specified in your application;
b) block your feed from the DK API or PE API; or
c) automatically charge you the appropriate fee as set out above.
3.3 In respect of any websites into which you incorporate the DK API or PE API, calls to the DK API and PE API may be stored in the cache for a maximum of one hour after which time they must be deleted.
3.4 In respect of any other digital products or applications into which you incorporate the DK API or PE API, calls to the DK API and PE API may be stored for a maximum of seven days after which time they must be deleted.
4. LIABILITY DISCLAIMER
DK APIs, PE APIs, DK Content and PE Content are provided by DK and PE in good faith but DK and PE do not make any representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, in relation to all or any part of any DK API, DK Content, PE API or PE Content and all warranties and representations are hereby excluded to the extent permitted by law.
There is no guarantee that the DK API, DK Content, PE API or PE Content will be free of infection by viruses or anything else which may be harmful or destructive.
To the extent permitted by law, DK and PE hereby disclaim all liability (howsoever arising) in connection with any loss and/or damage, arising out of or in connection with any use of, or inability to use, all or any part of the DK Content, the DK API, the PE Content or the PE API or any action taken (or refrained from being taken) as a result of using any of these.
5. CHANGES TO CONTENT
You acknowledge that any DK API, PE API and all DK Content and PE Content are subject to change. DK and PE hereby reserve the right to change any DK Content or PE Content at any time, in its sole discretion and without notice.
6. INCORPORATION OF PEARSON PLUG & PLAY TERMS
The Pearson Plug & Play platform terms and conditions (the “P&P Terms”) also apply to your use of any DK API , DK Content, PE API, PE Content and the P&P Terms are hereby incorporated into these DK Terms and PE Terms. To read the P&P Terms, please click here.
7. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
DK and PE reserve the right to add to or change these DK Terms and PE Terms and agrees to ensure that a note of the date and clause number of any such amendments will be included as part of the DK Terms and PE Terms. Any changes will be posted to this page and it is your responsibility as a user to ensure that you are aware of any such changes from time to time. Changes will become effective 24 hours after first posting and you will be deemed to have accepted any change if you continue to access the DK API or PE API after that time.
If any of these DK Terms or PE Terms is held by a court of law in any territory to be invalid, illegal or otherwise unenforceable, then, to the extent that it is held to be so, and with regard to the relevant territory only, that provision shall be severed and deleted from these DK Terms or PE Terms, provided that the remaining provisions of these DK Terms or PE Terms shall remain binding and enforceable and the severed provision shall also remain so in all other territories.
9. GOVERNING LAW
These Terms shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law, and any disputes that may arise under or in relation to these Terms shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England.
If you have any questions or feedback about these DK Terms, the DK APIs, DK Content or PE Terms, PE APIs or PE Content feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.